Friday, January 21, 2011

Staten Island & Security Reblogging

When deciding what to do this week in NYC, I was contemplating the Staten Island Ferry. I've done this with my kids a number of times. Its a cheap boat ride, with a great view of the Statue of Liberty. In warm weather, you can get out and stroll through battery park in lower Manhattan. In cold weather, you just stay on the boat for the round trip.

My Mom informed me that new security measures now prevent passengers from staying on board for the round trip! They throw you off, make you wander around, go through security and then re-board. In the freezing winter weather, that was a deal breaker.

And what is it for? Once you clear security, you're fine. Once again, I am flummoxed by the lack of sense in US security. This is especially the case when compared to security in Israel.

So, I was inspired to repost an early blog entry I wrote on this topic. Now I feel better. You can let me know what you think of it.

We had a great time at the American Museum of Natural History, by the way. Followed by a visit to my favorite store for multi-million year old souvenirs, which is located a block away from the museum.

And no useless security checks!

No comments: